Enlarge Screen Shot
Enlarge this 'Help Section".
(Use your mouse and drag the lines between the panes to change the window size)
The MVDB - Matrix View DataBase - Overview
This is the page that is initialized when you:
- Press the 'DB -> ' button from the Hub. - or -
- Press the 'MVDB>' button from the Schedule View.
- This page opens without any data present.*
The Matrix View DataBase (MVDB) stores all your Subject / People and their associated
Group / Business / Family / Associations / Clubs ...etc. data
in an easily accessible Database.
Note: for added convenience:
- You can access information on any Subject / Person and/or Group / Businesses, Organizatons, Clubs, etc...
- Data is Safe !!! It is behind your 'Firewall' and you cannot change any data unless you go to 'Edit Mode'.
- Data is secure behind the Windows Firewall on your hard drive and is not on the Internet.
- Data cannot be changed while in find and view mode.
Thus the data is generally safe from accidental changes and/or deletions.
Note: Only the Program Administrator can delete data.
- All data being viewed is easily modified in 'Edit Mode'.
- Use 'drop-down' lists and 'auto data entry' (chosen from Default Page - 'Populate Auto In' button).
- Import data automatically from a file created by a Calandex or standard Card file (.vcf), or Comma Separated Value (.csv)
from Google, Apple, Outlook ...etc. The Calandex imports these files automatically.
This is very powerful for sharing Groups of information and sychronizing portable devices such as 'Smart Phones'.
- Import from the Intenet (WhitePages.com ...etc) and/or a printer label list.
- You can Connect Subjects to (join) Groups.
Connecting Subjects to Groups and vice versa is a simple point and click process.
- You can simultaneously view and/or edit:
- A Subject record - including their unlimited Notes
- A Group record - including their unlimited Notes
- An Address/Web record (pick among unlimited records attached to either Subject or Group)
- A Phone/E-Mail record (pick among unlimited records attached to either Subject or Group)
- You can enlarge and Edit a Notes box, simply Double click on the box.
Go to Enlarged View
- You can use the 'Switch' command to page through Subjects and their associated Groups (Data Mining)**
Select a connected Subject after finding a Group or Select a connected Group after finding a Subject
- You can select any Address/Web and any Phone/E-Mail record attached to the either the Subject and/or Group.
- You can go to the MapQuest address being viewed with a single click.
- You can go to the Web Site being viewed with a single click.
- Send an E-Mail (using tour default E-Mail client) to the address being viewed with a single click.
You can include the Notes (Subject and/or Group) if you wish.
- You can Export any number of Subjects and/or Groups (with all Address, Phone, and Notes data, then:
- Find any data by keyword and/or phrase.
- Use a text algoritm (edited by you) then send to selected cell phones through a SMS gateway.
- Any and all combinations of MVDB Data (along with Schedule Data and messages)can be Exported.
- E-Mail to selected Groups with attached Notes/Lists, Calandex Import file,
The Calandex creates these files automatically on 'Export'.
standard Comma Separated Value (.csv), and/or standard Card file (.vcf)
- These standard files can be easily uploaded to a Smart Phone, iPad, and/or Tablet.
If the 'Address' record and/or the 'Phone/E-Mail' record are in this 'Navy' colored font,
the record is connected to the Group.
If the 'Address' record and/or the 'Phone/E-Mail' record are in this 'Blue' colored font,
the record is connected to the Person.
* To see the view of the above screen shot:
- Click on 'Group / Business...''
- Click on 'Name' under 'Find by'
- Type the letters 'be ' in the box to the left of:
'<- Enter Search Criteria...''
(not done here) and/or
- Scroll to 'Bennet Family'
- Click on 'Bennet Family' below the '<- Enter Search Criteria...' box.
** Data Mining - The unique ‘Switch’ command allows ‘Data Mining’ where you switch from looking at a Person
and paging through their connected groups, to looking at the group and paging through all the connected People.
- Press the Subject to Group button:
select 'Ann ....'
- Press the 'Address/Web -> Subject' button:
- Press the 'Phone/E-Mail -> Subject' button:
Go to Top of page