Defaults - Populating the Subjects (1) and MVDB 'drop-down' Lists (2)
1.) Schedule View - Subject Filter Check Box
You Populate and order the 'Check Box' here.
- You must have a Subject (or Person) associated with each event.
- The upper left box on the 'Defaults' page (above) populates this 'Check Box'.
- You can create a check box for any 'Subject' that you desire.
- The Check Box Names (or 'Subjects') are limited to 10 characters.
- You can order the list any way you want.
- The amount of 'Check Boxes' allowed is virtually unlimited.
- How To....
2.) MVDB 'drop down' lists
- The MVDB has several convenient 'drop down' lists.
- The fields that have 'drop down' lists are:
(max number of allowable characters are in parenthesis)
- Salut (14) (Salutation for entering a Subject)
- Type of Relationship (18) (for entering a Subject)
- Catagory (32) (for entering a Group)
- Products/Services/Group Function (40) (for entering a Group)
- City (30) (associated with a Subject or Group).
- State (16) (associated with a Subject or Group).
- Address/Web Type (16) (associated with a Subject or Group).
- Phone/E-Mail Type (16) (associated with a Subject or Group).
- Subject to Group (18) (used when in the process of Enrolling (associating) a Subject in a Group).
- This data is available (to click on) when entering or editing data.
- You can also opt to automatically enter data when entering new Subjects or Groups.
This is useful when entering a list of data with some common fields.
- You may populate these lists with any data that you want.
- How To....
How to Populate Lists (using boxes above)
Make sure you read 'Saving your changes' below
before you start entering / deleting data.
- Adding data to the list:
- Click on the box at the top of the list that you desire to add data.
- Type in the data that you wish to add.
Note: You will not loose the data being overwritten.
This current data (that you won't lose) is the last entry in the list.
- Click on the 'Add To List' button directly below the current box.
Note that nthe new data now appears as the first item in the list.
- Now you can put the new item any where you want in the list.
- You can save your data any time you wish - there are some exceptions (see 'Saving your changes below)
- The City, State Zip (CSZ) section is handled seperately in that:
- This section has a separate 'Save' button.
- Each highlighted City has an optional State and Zip associated with it.
- Each new City, State, and zip is saved together.
- Each new entry must be saved one at a time.
- States are in alphabetical order in a 'dropdown' list.
- When you automatically enter a City (when adding a new address to the program),
it's associated State and Zip are also automatically entered.
- Arranging the order of the data as it appears in the list.
- Click on the data that you wish to place in a different spot in the list.
- Now simply use your keyboard 'up' and 'Down' arrow keys to place
this data in the desired position in the list.
- Note that when you click on data in the list, that data now appears in the edit box on top.
- Deleting Data from the list:
- Click on the data that you wish to delete.
- Now push the button labeled 'Delete Selected Item' (look for red X).
- Note that the item disappears and the last item in the list appears in the edit box on top.
- Using 'Auto Enter Data' Check Box
- When the 'Auto Enter Data' Check Box is checked, the
data that appears in the top edit box will be automatically
entered for you when you add data in program edit mode.
- When the 'Auto Enter Data' Check Box is not checked, no
data appears is automatically entered for you when you add
data in program edit mode.
- Either way, you can still use the 'drop down list' or type in any data you wish.
- Saving your changes
- There are 2 'Save' buttons on this (Defaults) page. They are:
- A 'Save' button for the 'City, State, Zip (CSZ)' section.
- Each new entry must be saved before you can make another new entry.
- A 'Save' button for all the rest of the 'Defaults' data.
- You can make changes to all other boxes, then 'Save' Except:
- In the 'Address and Phone(s)/E-Mail boxes', when you change the 'Connected to' function, You must 'Save'
- Don't worry, you will be prompted when this occurs so that you do not inadvertantly lose your new entry.
- When you Save your changes:
- The data in the top edit box is the 'Auto Entry Data' for each box.
- This entry becomes the last entry in the list.