(Use your mouse and drag the lines between the panes to change the window size)
Add or Change a Picture - MVDB
Pictures are associated with the Subject (Person) being viewed.
Pictures can be added in 3 ways:
see Notes below !!
- If there is an Imported Picture file in the 'Import' Directory,
the Calandex will automatically detect this when the MVDB database is activated.
The Calandex will direct your desired actions.
- Right-click on an Image and 'Copy' it to the Windows Clipboard.
'Copy' or 'Copy Image' depending on your default Web Browser
Then Click on the 'Click Here to Add a Picture' on the MVDB.
- Click on the 'Click Here to Add a Picture' on the MVDB
Without an Image in the Windows Clipboard
Use the Open Dialog to point to the desired Picture File.
Press the 'Open' button on the Open Dialog.
- Your Default Web Browser opens with the selected Picture in view.
- Now simply follow Step 1 above.
Warning - If the Picture in 3 above does not show in your Browser,
it is either the wrong type of file or too large for the Internet.
Make sure you choose the proper 'Default' Browser during Set Up of the Calandex
- The Calandex handles Image files that are allowed on the Internet.
These are .jpg (or .jpeg), .bmp, .png, .tiff, .gif types.
- Like Internet Explorer, the Calandex saves these files as a Bitmap or .bmp type.
- The Calandex does not change your original file, it copies it to your Calandex Picture Directory
this is your chosen (during Installation) Database Directory plus /FBxPic
- Avoid using large files, the resolution is not important here.
The Internet has a lot of free downloads that can change the type and size of a file.
- When the Picture is sucessfully added, you will have a choice:
- "is this the Picture that you want ?"
- If 'No:' (if there was an original Picture)
You may have a choice: Do you want the original Picture back ?
Go to Top of page